Posting date: 02/10/2022
Location: Indianapolis, IN
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and must work in coordination with key support personnel of all manufacturing departments to be effective. This position is responsible for the preventative maintenance of all production equipment including auxiliary equipment, and for troubleshooting, fixing, maintaining maintenance on all equipment.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Reporting and/or repairing unsafe conditions immediately
- Help and assist other technicians when needed
- Train new technicians when instructed
- Reading and making pertinent entries in appropriate log books
- Electronic and electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Timely and pertinent entry of work done and problem solutions
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong mechanical background/experience
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble mechanical components
- Ability to read measuring tools (micrometers and calipers)
- Must have good reading, writing and math skills
- Experience troubleshooting machines, both mechanical and electrical is a requirement
- Ability to work on and repair a wide variety of custom built machines/equipment
- Able to drive forklifts and scissor lift
- Ability to climb, perform various building maintenance functions
- Must have a working knowledge of electricity (use of multimeter and read electrical schematics)
- Must have own tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions as shown below.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as shown below. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and vibration.