This position reports directly to the US Controller and is responsible for reconciliations, CapEx/fixed asset ownership, OpEx tracking/expense support, overhead spend reporting, customer credits analysis, sales/use tax filing, commission expense support/invoicing, AmEx spend allocation, Royalty preparation, exchange rate revaluation, and various journal entries and support of the costing/inventory processes. This individual will also assist in the monthly close and reporting process. This position must partner with all functions of the business to be successful.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
-Prepare reconciliations to confirm balance sheet accounts are accurately presented per US GAAP, research and post journal entries to clear variances.
– Coordinate with departments the monthly AmEx spend and allocate to proper expense accounts.
– Prepare and report outside reps’ commissions monthly, submit invoices for payment, prepare individual rep’s reports to send as backup for payment, and answer reps questions as inquired
– Coordinate CapEx spend and project tracking with various departments, own the fixed asset process in Sage software, and assist in supplying tax cost basis for purposes of both Property Tax assessment and Tax preparation.
– Process and post monthly depreciation expense
– Track monthly SG&A, analyze results, resolve issues, report out and partner with department heads.
– Prepare & post monthly customer rebate accrual.
– Prepare Returns & Allowance analysis, breaking down credits by customer, by reason.
– Prepare and file Sales/Use Tax returns, either monthly, quarterly, or annually, for applicable US states and Canada (GST/HST)
– Revalue monthly AR/AP exchange rates for in Mapics.
– Prepare & post various monthly journal entries, including accruals, payroll, banking, recurring expenses, I/C AR/AP adjustments to ensure accuracy into local ERP.
– Prepare and submit Royalty sales for payment.
– Support overall monthly close process
– Partner with various departments to provide relevant information to best serve internal customers.
– Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
– 1 to 5 years of experience in a relevant position, ideally in manufacturing industry
– Solid working knowledge of US GAAP practices and procedures
– Have a working knowledge of accounting ERP systems, ideally INFOR XA and Oracle FCCS/Hyperion, as well as the Microsoft Office suite of programs
– Multi-site business; with global sites and in a manufacturing/distribution environment
– Demonstrated ability to roll-up their sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
Qualifications and/or Skills Needed:
– Strong desire to collaborate throughout the organization
– Inquisitive mindset and not afraid to ask questions
– Excellent analytical and organizational skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated analytical problem solving capacity
– Adaptable – capable of working in a dynamic changing environment
– Desire for continuous learning
– Must continuously maintain the highest degree of integrity and ethical standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as shown below.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must have the ability to work with a computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as shown below.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a temperature-controlled environment. Under normal working conditions, the employee will be sitting for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is normal.